SAFETY & SECURITY
Comanche County Medical Center safeguards your information.
CCMC is HIPAA compliant and upholds patient confidentiality.
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- A patient has the right to respectful care given by competent personnel.
- A patient has the right, upon request, to be given the name of his attending physician, the names of all other physicians directly participating in his care, and the names and functions of other health care persons having direct contact with the patient.
- A patient has the right to every consideration of his privacy concerning his own medical care program. Case discussion, consultation, examination, and treatment are considered confidential and shall be conducted discreetly.
- A patient has the right to have all records pertaining to his medical care treated as confidential except as otherwise provided by law or third-party contractual arrangements.
- A patient has the right to know what hospital rules and regulations apply to his conduct as a patient.
- Provide information about past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and other matters relating to your health history.
- Have members of your family authorized to review your treatment, if you are unable to communicate with doctors or nurses.
- Formulate an advanced directive and appoint a surrogate to make healthcare decisions on your behalf, to the extent permitted by the law.
- Ask questions if you do not understand directions or procedures.
- Help your doctor, nurse, and healthcare support staff in their efforts to care for you by following their instructions and medical orders.